Thursday, July 29, 2010

Never a dull moment

I have been so busy lately and showing no signs of slowing down. I have been able to pick up shifts at work which has me working about 35 hours a week. The good thing is it's all when Adam is home so we don't have to pay for child care, but the bad thing is I don't get to see Adam very much anymore except just before bed time.

Addyson is busy busy busy. I think we have reached the "terrible 2's" in full force this week. She is always into something or getting upset or wanting something and it's crazy around my house. She has started to learn a few songs and she sings them all the time! It's adorable to hear her in the back seat singing "head, shoudlers, knees and toes" and she loves the clean up song, if only she actually cleaned up after....She has become a great helper in other ways though. If she finds trash she will show it to me and get approval to put it in the garbage. She also opens the refrigerator to get a cup out if she wants more to drink. Although sometimes she drives me to the edge I wouldn't trade any minute I have to spend with her. She teaches me new things every day and helps me appreciate all we have.

On top of all of this I have joined a committee to plan an event that the benefits go to the Women's Resource Center which helps women pay for dental and medical care for low income women. I know I shouldn't be taking more on my plate right now but this is something I really believe in and I am excited for the opportunity to make a difference. Our second meeting is tonight and the planning is going great so far. The event will be called the "Boo Ball" and held at the end of October at the local Hilton hotel. We are working on finding sponsors and donations for the silent auction so if anyone has any ideas then shoot them my way!

So what else is new. My brother is getting married in 2 weeks. So it's all things wedding yet again including Bachelorette parties, helping make centerpieces, planning a rehearsal dinner (because my family thought I planned my wedding so well I could do this easily...), and finding clothes for my famliy to wear to the wedding. Adam is an usher so we need to pay for his tux this week and I am an "usherette" so I have to find a dress that is either pink, green, or black (the wedding colors). I think the couple is starting to freak out about things but they aren't asking for help so hopefully we make it through smoothly.

My work facility is closed the first week of August so that will be nice to catch up with family time and catch up on this disaster I call a home. **when i say disaster it's just messier then I like, there are a few dishes on the counter and toys on the floor but it drives me nuts =) its not like we're living in trash and dirty laundry

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. You're a busy little bee!
    That committee sounds like an awesome thing, I'm actually doing something similar at work with our clients but we don't get to have a ball or anything fun. =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on doing the committee! It's wonderful to use your time to help other people! :)

    ReplyDelete