Monday, July 11, 2011

Baby #2: Part 1

After getting married Adam and I knew we wanted to expand our family, and we wanted to get started as soon as possible. Doing the math from conceiving right after our wedding our children would be exactly 3 years apart. (Conceive in early June, due Early March).

Well...things didn't work out that way. I don't know why it bothered me so much, I guess I just thought things happened so easily with Addyson (especially since she was completely un-planned by us) that things would be just as easy with this one. We only tried for two months and by the end of August (my 24th birthday to be exact) we found out that #2 was on his/her way! Our due date being May 8th, which is my parent's anniversary and mother's day 2011!

This pregnancy was different then with Addyson but similar in other ways. Physically the symptoms were the same; exhaustion, nausea (no vomiting), occasional headaches, and losing weight instead of gaining for a while. Emotionally it was much different...It's difficult to recall because I don't want to remember how hard it was for me the first 12 weeks. But we don't need to get into that.

We made the decison to find out the sex of the baby but we were due to find out just before Christmas so figured, why don't we just wait and have it be our present to eachother. We had the ultrasound technician write the gender down and we trusted our good friend Julia with the results until Christmas eve when I would bring them home to open in the morning. I would like to say we could trust our family but I have a feeling they would just pretend they knew and make me angry for a few weeks until we found out ourselves =)

So how did I feel about having a boy? The initial few days were filled with anxiety and worrying. I don't want to say I know how to raise girls because I don't know how by any means, it's just what I am familiar with because of having Addyson first. I felt so overwhelmed with the idea of having a boy; all the new clothes we would have to get along with crib set, car seat, stroller, etc. It seemed like a huge weight in my pocketbook in addition to the weight in my tummy and given my un-stable emotional state I had a bit of a breakdown. As time went on my excitement grew and I couldn't wait to bring our boy home.

Baby boy was measuring small from 30 weeks on, I would measure about a week behind what I was supposed to be at. I wasn't alarmed at all because I had the same issue with Addyson. It just means getting a couple more ultrasounds to measure growth right? Well at our 30 week ultrasound baby boy decided it was best to be feet first. I knew we had plenty of time left for him to switch around but as weeks passed and he never turned I started to feel discouraged.

More later, must get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment