Friday, January 8, 2010

Holiday re-cap

This year we spent Christmas at my parents house, since we did Thanksgiving with Adam's family. We had three different celebrations; Part I at our house and my parents, Part II with Adam's brothers, and Part III at my parents house again.

We opened gifts at home with Addyson before heading out for the day. She is still a little young to fully understand what is going on but she still enjoyed opening all of her gifts and handing me the paper piece by piece. That afternoon we went to my parents house for a small celebration since my brother and sister-in-law were out of town for Christmas. Most of our time was spent in my parents newly finished basement playing pool and chasing Addyson.


Addyson posing with the gifts we had at home

We were able to meet up with both of Adam's brothers (at seperate times) to exchange gifts and catch-up the weekend after Christmas. We don't get to see them as often as we would like since they live further away then my family but we love them just as much =) Addyson loves to play with her cousin Patrick and try to put the paci in her newest cousin Ryan's mouth.

On Monday it felt like Christmas morning for real (Part III) and I woke up eager to get to my parents to celebrate with the entire family. All of her big gifts were at my parents so we brought my SUV to carry them all home. I still need pictures of her with her new kitchen and easel.



Jordan and Addyson waiting to open more presents


Addyson's new apron to cook meals in her new kitchen (or help mommy in the big kitchen)

New Years we just stayed home and finally opened the champagne we got for our engagement. Having a little one effects New Years plans because who really wants to babysit on New Years? Alas, it was nice to have a quiet night to finish the year with my loving husband-to-be.
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment