Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

On Thanksgiving Adam's parents called dibs on our family and said that we could "go to the wives house for Christmas", so we packed up early and went to Cheyenne for the day. It was nice to see all of Adam's family but I did miss being with my family also.

Thanksgiving night we decided to go to the COACH factory outlet because they were having a moonlight madness sale and I really wanted to check it out. With a backpack full of blankets and our laptop to watch a movie we stood in line at about 8PM (for a store that opened at 10). By the time we were let in the door the line was out around the building and half way up the back. The sale was not amazing, and I doubt we'll do it again next year, but it was fun experience for us to have together.

I had every intention of waking up at 4AM the next morning to go shopping also, but this was only because my very best friend Christie was in town! We met outside of Super Target at 4:30am with nothing in particiular in mind that we needed to shop for. My main goal for the morning was to find a new camera because mine has been on it's last leg for a while now. I researched all the ads the day before and found the camera I had in mind would be at Staples right across the parking lot from Super Target. I got my camera and a free photo printer to go with it! Unfortunately it had to be delivered so I am waiting at my house today so they don't leave it at the front door. We were done shopping by about 10am so I went home because Adam and my brother James were going to the CSU vs WYO football game.

We agreed that Saturday would be spent resting since our new TV was going to be delivered anyway and Adam wanted everything set up and ready to watch the Florida State game. James came over to help Adam put the TV on the wall and ended up staying to watch the first half of the game with us. Then the Johnson's came over on their way to bring Christie and her husband Dan to the airport to see our new house for the first time.

Sunday we got our family Christmas picutre taken for our Christmas cards which should also be delivered today along with our Save-the-Dates! Then we went over to my parents house to help finish cleaning the basement because they have randomly decided to finish half of it. The carpet got installed yesterday, the walls and ceiling start tomorrow, and the pool table gets delivered on the 10th.

CRAZY!! I would post pictures but they are on my old camera which seems to have gone missing...

Tonight we are going to Courtney's for dinner and to see her new home for the first time! Then this weekend it's the Parade of Lights in Denver (weather permiting) with James, Alysha, and my little nephew Jordan. Along with building gingerbread houses (and train for the kiddos) and homemade ornaments! So excited =) AND luckily i'll be able to take lots of pictures with my new camera!!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment