Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Stuck in the Middle...

...of a very LONG week.

I wish I could be full of Irish cheer right now but at this moment right now Addyson is screaming at me from her high chair because she wants apple sauce for dinner and I am not giving in. I am more then willing to give her what she needs but it is my responsibility as a parent to present the food, it is the toddler's choice to eat it or not. At least that's what I learned in Nutrition of the Preschool child...shh i think she might take a bite....SUCCESS!! Mommy is not a horrible cook.

Anyways...

This week has been very tough for me without having Adam around. I am used to being a stay at home mom so Addyson is not getting to me, it's just the loneliness of adult interaction that I crave in the evenings. Adam gets off work at 3 daily so we have the evenings as a family to take walks, make dinner, watch tv, and cuddle on the couch. But since Adam is out of town on business I am very lonely in the evenings and have forgotten how to entertain Addyson for 12-14 hours of a day. There is only so much I can do that keeps her happy at night since she is anti-nap right now, which I am sure does not help things at all.

I made it through Sunday with a few tears shed and vowed to make Monday a great day with my daughter running the many errands we had scheduled for the week. Unfortunately my parents called Monday morning and told me they had to put our family dog down which we have had for 16 years. When my mom and I spoke earlier in the morning she said they had to bring Trixie to the vet but I had no idea that they were going to return home without her...I told my parents I didn't want to know when they had to do it because the anticipated grief is something I have had to do before and didn't want to survive again. My poor little Trixie puppy, our little schnauzer mutt with the maple leaf on her belly...she will be missed but I know she is playing around with Missy and cuddling up on Grandma's lap up in Heaven...

I made it through the rest of the day as well as can be expected with the help of my parents and brothers, but with Adam gone coming to this empty house was very rough.

On Tuesday I forgot that I had set up an appointment to get my wedding dress altered. So when I got the reminder call on Monday my mom and I made many stops around the city trying to find the undergarmets and shoes that I needed for my first fitting. We did make it on time and my dress should be done in two weeks for either my final fit or 2nd fit, depending on how things end up. I was hesitant to leave my dress because of the fiasco I had getting it but I trust the alteration woman and I trust that she will bring my dress back and not go bankrupt and run away...

After my alteration appointment I met up with my mom and future sister-in-law Morganne for a happy hour drink at Carino's. I dropped Addyson off with my Dad and sipped on an italian margarita with some much needed alone time.

I think Addyson is done eating so I must attend to my beautiful daughter.

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry it's been such a rough week for you. Hopefully your bridal shower and Christie can cheer you up this weekend!

    ReplyDelete